As at 10.04.17
May change without notification
We have put our terms and conditions in place in an effort to be fair to everyone.
All prospective students must accept the following terms to enrol at The Learning Lounge.
1. ALL STUDENTS are ENROLLED for a FULL PUBLIC SCHOOL TERM - or the remainder thereof if commencing after week one. Students pulling out halfway through a Term may not be re-enrolled in the future and term fees may also not be refunded. If a student cannot commit to payment and attendance of a FULL public school Term, enrolment may not be offered.
2. RESCHEDULING of MISSED
LESSONS – As free spaces are rare, students are offered
ONE rescheduled lesson per term – TIME PERMITTING. To be offered
this benefit students must give 24 hours notice to RECEPTION ONLY (not
the teacher). We strongly encourage notice be given WELL IN ADVANCE. If
a lesson cannot be rescheduled due to lack of timeslots or an insufficient
amount of notice time given, it is forfeited, so PLEASE advise Reception
ASAP of an absence and no later than week 8 of Term.
3. PAYMENTS –
Fees are to be paid in full in advance and by the “Due By Date”
on your invoice handed out at the first lesson.
4. DEPOSITS – If you are re-enrolling & want to ensure your current timeslot is held for the next term, a non-refundable deposit must be paid before close of business of the current Term. If no deposit is paid, then your timeslot may be offered to another student for the following term. Please understand a deposit is a part payment and a gesture in good faith to your teacher that you will attend the next term in full i.e. the deposit is NOT just paying for a lesson - it is to hold your lesson time for the next FULL TERM.
5. TERM DATES – Term dates coincide with the Public School Calendar only & WE ARE OPEN ON PUPIL FREE DAYS!!
6. PUBLIC HOLIDAYS – We are closed. Lessons that fall on a Public Holiday are not charged.
7. IF YOUR TEACHER CANCELS – A substitute teacher will be made available to you. You may or may not be notified of this. If a substitute teacher cannot be arranged, then we will try to either reschedule a lesson during the term, credit a lesson to the following term if you re-enrol or give you a refund.
8. CANCELLATION OF LESSONS – Lessons may be cancelled at the Teachers discretion for the following reasons: a student is intoxicated by illegal substances or alcohol; a student is rude or abusive to Teachers, Administration staff or other students; a student’s attendance is extremely poor; if fees remain outstanding. Please note that if staff notice any student on the premises under the influence of drugs or alcohol, their Teacher will cancel the lesson. The cancelled lesson will be charged and where applicable, a parent will be notified.
9. PARENTS IN LESSONS - Our lessons are one-on-one lessons therefore it is generally expected that parents will not sit in on lessons after the first couple of lessons. Teachers are however always willing to chat to parents in the last 5 minutes of a lesson regarding progress and practice. Only under special circumstance will a teacher allow a parent to sit in on the entire lesson. Please discuss this directly with the teacher. (Email is the teacher's preferred method of communication and then only when discussing lesson material, practice and progress and special needs. Discussions re fees, cancellations and attendance must go through reception)
10. EXAMS - Upon enrollment, please advise your TEACHER at your first lesson if you intend to sit for exams as it is not automatically assumed you want to study for exams.
If you would like more information or would like to enquire about enrollment then please contact us on 9488-9970 during business hours or use our "contact us" page to email us.
We appreciate your understanding of the above terms.
Teachers and Management of The Learning Lounge.
|page last updated 10.04.17|